Monday, April 18, 2005

Serving Two Masters

Well, it is time now to try my best to equally divide my time between two blog-reading audiences. In case you've forgotten, I blogged awhile back (February 22, to be exact) about our new domain (www.russellbaby.com) and it's accompanying blog. Times have been slow recently, for there aren't too many phrases in Roget's Thesaurus for "Nothing's happening....Still trying." But alas, those days are over........

LEAH IS PREGNANT!!
Of course, the male-rights activists among us will insist that I say, "WE are pregnant," but I'll save all you smart-burros the comments about me carrying a child.
So, all things pertinent to our doctor's visits, Leah and the child's health, etc. will come via the russellbaby blog and not here. So remind yourself, if you haven't seen anything in a while over here, to jump over there--chances are that I will be snowed under with plans of nursery painting and being forced to decide if I like seafoam green or butter yellow better for the color of the knobs that go on the changing table. Or if I want a Peg Perego stroller or a Graco travel system. Dang, I'm scaring myself already.
I guess what I'm saying is that the baby stuff will be a distinct area of our lives on which to blog, as time gets closer, it'll probably be the ONLY thing on which to blog. But for now, I'll work on both. Otherwise, I'll see you at Babies R Us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rushing said...

Seafoam green? Butter yellow? Yuck. Surely you can come up with better colors than that!!!

However, the Graco travel system rocks. Good choice. :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Rann said...

CONGRATULATIONS, ERIC & LEAH! I am so happy for both of you.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Eric C said...

Thanks, dude. Although I can only HOPE to aspire to your greatness and success in the child-bearing department: smart intellectual Ph.D.-earning type, scratch golfer and junior champ, and a set of twin daughters. That's pretty much the holy grail of children, ain't it?! OK, maybe twin daughters who are swimsuit models, but I'll cut you some slack.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Mega, mega cool, Eric. Many congrats to you and Leah. Go ahead and say "we" because you're going to have just as many pains the next nine months, just different kinds!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Exactly what kind of pains is he going to experience? I am curious to know so I can inform the doctors and have proper medication on hand at all times.

Thank you for the congrats!!
Leah

9:21 PM  
Blogger Eric C said...

My wife can't log in to our very own blog. Maybe I should rename it to "Eric's Front Porch." I taught Leah how--I promise. She gets a frowny face in "I pay attention when others are speaking" on her note I'm sending home to her parents.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Leah, I would explain how his pains will be a direct result of your pains, but I'd like to see the baby someday without getting a black eye. Just sayin'.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home