Monday, April 18, 2005

You Can't Be Sirius

Today brings the announcement that my Sirius satellite radio will soon have it's very own Martha Stewart channel. Yippee. Now, I'll ignore the comments about it being "prison radio" and all that, but it still seems like all the big names are coming to Sirius, and I ain't gonna be listenin' to any of em'!! Here are all the Sirius' recent announcements:

  • Howard Stern in '06
  • NASCAR in '07
  • Martha Stewart in late '05

Now, Sirius also has all NFL games, all NBA games, all NCAA March madness games, and all NHL, eh, never mind. But being that I'm not one of those "Dang, I wish I could pick up the Seahawks/49'ers game! If only I lived out west!" types, the distant NFL coverage isn't a big deal to me. The only thing that the other guys, XM, have that I would want is MLB for picking up my Cubbies. Oh well. Most of the time they're losing anyway because their 8th-string catcher who just got promoted from AA West Tennessee is out with thigh contusion. And how exciting can a NASCAR radio broadcast be, anyway?--"Well, Jeff Gordon is turning left at turn 3....Dale Jr just turned left right behind him and is on his bumper..............Both are maintaining their 150MPH left turn rather well."

Commercial-free music is still the bomb. But I don't care about traffic in Chicago or Atlanta.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I'll go ahead and cue you in on Atlanta traffic: Jammed. That's it. Doesn't matter where or when.

If I got satellite radio I'd have to go with XM just for the MLB and the chance to listen to Sox games while on the golf course.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home