Tuesday, April 05, 2005

What's Up, Doc?

Today I get to do something I haven't done in a very long time--go to the doctor. I think the last time I went was 2-3 years ago when I had the "funk" for almost 2 weeks and it just wouldn't go away. It was then that I learned the marvels of the "sinus cocktail."

You see, in addition to not being one of those "It's time for a yearly checkup" people, I'm just never sick. Period. Hardly ever. I don't know if I'm blessed with an awesome immune system, or if some of that gobbledegook that Mom spouted off about drinking milk and taking vitamins when I was young was actually true (my vote's for the former). I've never had the flu. I don't have allergies (Sorry, Jeff). And my doctor is probably gonna say something along the lines of, "Now, what was your name again?"

I've got this sharp discomfort/pain in my right side, kinda about mid-way up my back. It's kind of an odd feeling actually, and the pain isn't constant. At first I thought it was just a freak pulled muscle or something, but the pain kinda comes and goes. I slept with a heating pad on it last night, but it doesn't seem to be any better this morning. Part of me feels stupid for going to have something so "simple" checked out, but then again, it's not normal, and as of right now I've had the pain for about 15 hours or so. Hopefully it won't be any big deal. If I can get pain medicine and day or two off of work, it'll be even better. : )

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same feeling but I think mine was from celebrating the North Carolina victory last night.

Red Sox- World Champions
Union Lady Bulldogs- National Champions
North Carolina- National Champions

I am having a whale of a sports year...GO TARHEELS!!!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Scott Rushing said...

Eric,

How new is your mattress? I have been experiencing some dull, inconsistent back pain, and I'm almost positive that its because of a bad mattress.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I've got allergies out the wazoo, but haven't been to the doctor in three years. We're guys, we don't do that sort of thing unless flames are erupting from our bellybuttons, and only then to make the flames hotter.

As for the back pain, I hope it's nothing serious. Like four years ago I woke up with a mysterious striking pain in my back that improved over a year, but I still have problems with it. Back pain's here to stay, unfortunately. Didn't you know that chiropractic work is as reliable as going to a witch doctor in Botswana? But without the dancing.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the feed...back. Ha!

Hope ya get better soon. Lemme know what all it is.

Oh, in regards to the Tivo....that royally sucks. I don't know what I would do without my recording of Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. And now, Comcast has come out with the duel tuner DVR. Whoohoo!!

The last time I went to the doc, it was due to a drunken fall up some slate stairs....no more vodka for me!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home