Monday, March 28, 2005

Once Upon a Time...

Actually, it was 11,688 days ago (remember: '76, '80, '84, '88, '92, '96, '00, and '04 were all leap years) when yours truly came into the world (that's 32 years, in case you hate long division). I tipped the scales at 5 lbs, 14 oz (I was about 6 weeks early) and had successfully kept my mom awake late into the night--I was born at 12:46AM. My mom was recalling this morning how she went to sleep after having me, and then was told when she woke up that she couldn't see me just yet because I had jaundice and was chilling out naked under a lamp with cotton taped over my eyes (The first and only time I've been in a tanning bed).

I think for the rest of the day I'll tell people that ask, "How old are you?" that I'm 384 months. Heck, mothers do that for their kids--a 3 year old instead is "36 months." Yep, I'm 384 months old. I think I'll celebrate by getting naked and going tanning. OK, never mind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rushing said...

IF you're getting naked and going tanning, then I'm very glad to be 2 states away. LOL. Happy birthday!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Actually, 2000 wasn't a leap year. Happens every 400 years. So you're a day younger already.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Eric C said...

I hate to go all Brainy Smurf on you Jeff, but 2000 WAS a leap year--the Naval Observatory says so. The rule is that century years NOT divisible by 400 are not leap years; thus, 1700, 1800, 1900 and 2100 aren't, but 2000 and 2400 are/were.

Happy to help.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Dang. Guess I remembered that the opposite of reality, eh?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Scott Rushing said...

You gotta be careful with Eric when it comes to math; he can go brainy smurf with the best of 'em.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home