Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend Update

First, I'd like to say that I fully realize that it's been almost a week since I posted. My cousin Steve used to wear me out with comments if I went more than a couple of days between posts, but if he pulled that stuff now, I'd have to introduce myself as "Kettle" and refer to him with a nickname of "Pot." Heck, based on his notable comment-absence from the likes of mine and Jeff's blogs, methinks he might have even abandoned us for the more fashionable Xanga clique that he hangs with these days. Don't worry, Jeff--just because you're not getting "eProps" or "gold coins," don't think for a minute that you're not cool.

Friday, I took the day off from work to do other types of work--sort of. I sat in a 4-hour training session at the Memphis Area Association of Realtors. This accomplishes two purposes: one, it allows me to become more knowledgeable about a certain topic, and two, it banks "continuing education" points that I must have before my next license renewal. Anyhoo, on Friday I learned about Tennessee's first time home buyer program, which offers an interest rate of 4.99% on a 30-year loan (or 5.99% if you want 4% of the purchase price for down payment and/or closing cost assistance). Now, there are income limits and purchase price maximums, but it's not really anything that forces you to be dirt-poor to take advantage of it. The state also has "target" areas--either census tracts or entire counties--where the "first time home buyer" requirement is waived. Fayette and Tipton Counties are BOTH in this category, which means that anybody who makes less than $57,300 can buy a house less than or equal to $172,632 and get a 4.99% interest rate. Not bad, huh? I'm guessing that not many people are aware of this, which makes me wish I knew a skywriting pilot or something.....

Last night, I settled down in my chair and aimed my remote control at ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball. After all, the Cubbies were going for a sweep against the defending world champion Boston Red Sox. 2-0 early....no big deal. Uh oh. Never mind. There goes that game. 8-1. Can't win 'em all. I've never really understood how a knuckle-baller doesn't get roped every time he goes out. I'm sure it's a bit more difficult than hittle a wiffle ball in the back yard, but if you can kit a 95 MPH fastball, once you get used to the 65 MPH lob, shouldn't you just sit back and rope it over the fence? Apparently not. And on top of that, the Cardinals won. Stupid red birds.

Tonight I'm off to Kroger for the first of a 2-night set. And Monday is almost done. Yee-haw!

2 Comments:

Blogger steven.russell said...

If ever there was a post that shouted for a comment from "The Steven," it was this one.

It's cool. I know how much my approval means. I'm flattered.

Seriously, I comment when I have something to say. But what weight would my comments have if I commented some sarcastic little thing for every post?

So I have to keep ya'll looking for a comment from little ol' me.

And while we are at it, let's just tell everyone that you can hop on over to www.xanga.com/stevenrussell for my blog.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

It's alright, Eric, I've got you and my family to keep me company now that Steven abandoned us for his Xanga friends. I'm a big boy, I can take it.


*sniff*

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home