Friday, June 03, 2005

Looking Forward to Friday('s)

Tonight, Leah and I are gonna do something we haven't done in a very long time--eat at Friday's!!

You see, for some reason or another, Friday's has never really been around where I lived/worked/etc. and closed the location that was even remotely close by. For years there was one at Overton Square (and I can remember making the drive to midtown on occasion, or going there for a special event like a birthday or Mother's Day or something)--but recently it closed, I think. There's one downtown, across from AutoZone Park, but that's not a real practical decision for a dinner--heck, you'd spend more time getting there than you would eating! There's a brand new one in the super-booming Winchester/Hacks Cross corridor (on the edge of "Hickory Hood"), but we ain't goin' there without our Kevlar vests.

Which brings us to tonight. It seems that the super-intelligent developers and real estate types with Friday's decided to contribute to the already-congested Wolfchase Galleria corridor. Amazing that you can find a parcel to build on, and stay afloat, with no less than 10-15 restaurants probably within half a mile (that might be an understatement--I've never counted). But nevertheless, our household usually ignored their TV advertising because, for all intents and purposes, it didn't apply to us. But now it does. It's even got the new, "fresh" Friday's look that the company recently rolled out--we're anxious to check it out.

Yes, I'm looking forward to Friday's. They opened Monday, so hopefully they've had plenty of time to work out the kinks of rookie servers and clueless hostesses (wait, there are clueless hostesses everywhere!). I've already inquired about call-ahead seating (nope, they don't offer it), so I guess we'll have to just wait it out and take it all in. Should be fun. Good times.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that I may be the only person in the world who thinks Friday's is a poor value. It's not that I don't like the food, because their food is good. About average I would say. But I think their prices are just about 5-15% too high for the quality of their food. Hope you guys enjoyed your evening!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be sure and let the people I know playing on the golf course at Southwind that you think they should wear bullet proof vests. I am sure they will move right out of their country club neighborhood when they hear that you have deemed the area unsafe.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are these wusses posting anonymously?! Get some courage. You don't even know anyone in that area, so shut up. Go back to the Rants & Raves section of Craigslist and troll there.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home