Saturday, May 14, 2005

Do We Know . . . Moe?!

Fridays are great, especially if I don't have to spend that evening at Kroger. At work (i.e., Blockbuster), it's as if everyone comes in and says to themself, "It's Friday...I'm gonna slow down the pace a bit today." I'm not saying that I get to work and play Minesweeper and Solitaire all day, but it is noticeably more "laid back" on Fridays. Not to mention, a few people were out on my side of the building, so it was quite quiet.

For lunch, I waited til about 12:45 or so before deciding to go solo. Friday is kinda the designated group lunch eat-out day, but nobody had said anything, so I was outta there and starving. I decided upon Moe's Southwest Grill, where I had a Joey Bag of Donuts burrito. Lo and behold, who approaches me in line, but Wally of Wally's World. Not "the" Wally World, but Wally Green of WMC-TV5 fame (Actually, what caught his attention was my Cubs #23 Ryne Sandberg jersey--he was gonna take a picture w/ his cell phone for his brother and fellow Cubs fan Brent). It was good to see him and Jules--the last time Leah and I bumped into them, we were at Super Target, just a 5-iron or so from where we were. They graciously allowed me to join them for lunch, and we talked about everything from us being pregnant to the World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest. Apparently Mr. Green and 25 of his closest friends have fielded a team, Trailer Pork, in this year's competition (in the ribs category). Their slogan is "Double-wide pride"--that cracks me up. As a matter of fact, as soon as he took his wife back to work, he was returning to Tom Lee Park for the festivities. What a bum. But if you got any extra shirts, dude, I'd gladly wear it with (double-wide) pride. Hey, my grandparents used to live in a trailer--ask Steve!!

Then it was back to work and await 5:00. Then a quick trip to the grocery store and to Blockbuster (my total bill for two rentals was, oh yeah, ZERO, because I work there). Then it was home for dinner with Leah, and then off to Babies R Us to do some looking.

Quiz: The title of this entry is from a recent movie (i.e., less than 3 years old) whose lead actress grew up in Nashville. The first person (besides my wife) to email me with the correct answer (movie title) wins a $5 Kroger gift card. Hey, gimme a break.....This is a free, not-for-profit website!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rushing said...

Ya got me stumped. But unless it was Lord of the Rings or The Godfather, I haven't seen many movies over the past year or so.

So what movies have you rented recently, and which ones would you recommend?

10:23 PM  
Blogger Eric C said...

I just realized that a clue that I had originally included in the "trivia" question was deleted (I had a lot of trouble w/ the email me link). I don't know if it'll help or not.

As far as movies go....Truth be told, we really don't rent that much. This time it was the original Blue Collar Comedy Tour and a chick flick called First Daughter that my co-worker said was pretty good. But usually I'm renting stuff like Bourne Identity and Catch Me If You Can that everybody else but me has seen (both of those I rented, but never watched).

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home