Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Curse of the Mini-Helmet

Long time readers of Eric and Leah's online presence will recall that last year, I wrote about the "curse of the mini-helmet" over on our regular website. Well, recent events force me to reiterate my hypothesis. I just hope Jeff Fisher doesn't call me up and want to deport me to Iowa or something.....

Here's the deal. I have a Titans min-helmet that I acquired several years ago, when going to the first of the annual Memphis stops of the Titans caravan (Pics: '03 caravan / '04 caravan). Essentially, most of the people who have signed it are no longer with the team. So it appears that once you sign my helmet, your days are numbered. Here are all the signatures that I have, when I got their signature, and what they're doing now:

Jeff Diamond, team president ('01): contract not renewed
WR Chris Sanders ('01): not currently on an NFL roster
DT John Thornton ('01): Cincinnati Bengals
DE Jevon Kearse: ('03): Philadelphia Eagles
T Fred Miller: ('03): Chicago Bears
WR Tyrone Calico ('04): currently on roster
DT Albert Haynesworth ('04): currently on roster

There you have it--71.4% of my autographs have gotten the ole axe. Depressing, huh? So if an Titans fan has a player picked that they hate, and you know of an upcoming public appearance, just let me know......the Sharpie will do the rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rushing said...

Right now I'm in Patriots envy mode, so maybe you should get Floyd Reese to sign the helmet. :)

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home