Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Where's Waldo?

Geez, it has been awhile, hasn't it? Sorry for the delay...I'm sure I have no worthy explanation which will exonerate me from your desired punishment. Actually, I'm trying to be just like my cousin Steve, with his recent "3 posts per week" policy. Just kidding Steve.

Last week I worked an inordinate amount of hours at the 2nd job (Kroger, for all you people who are competing for the rights to Eric Russell: The Authorized Biography) due to some folks on vacation and general need for quality, customer-focused personnel (at least, that's what I tell myself). Throw in some real estate work also, and it was quite a busy time!

This weekend I was busy caring for my under-the-weather spouse, who seemed to have either the flu or a distant third cousin of it. See, neither one of us has ever had the flu (Looking for large, heavy wood object to knock on), so it wasn't like both of us said, "Yep, this is it! Here it is. Uh oh, spaghetti O's!" All I know is that she had no appetite, had no energy, and the thermometer hovered between 100-102 degrees for a couple of days. At least, that was her excuse for missing 2 days of work and contributing absolutely nothing to the household. Just kidding, honey.

I upheld a somewhat yearly tradition on Valentine's Day by delivering flowers for our friend Regis. I've done this for several years, and it truly is something that a lot of fun (in a "drive around town 5 times in 6 hours" sort of way). Sure, there are some people who seem to almost expect the delivery, but others seem genuinely surprised and shocked, and you can tell that their smile will not fade anytime soon. From a single rose in a vase, to a 3-dozen rose arrangement accompanied by a mug of candy, I delivered them all.

That's all the blogging for now.....There should be more to come.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rushing said...

Never had the flu? Are you sure about that? How can you be 32 years old and never had the flu? That's weird. Are you also waiting for the chicken pox and measles???

I don't get it that often (about once every 5 years or so), but it does get to me at some point.

Well, off to play racquetball. TTYL

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I believe him, Scott. I don't know if I've ever really had he flu, and I never had chicken pox or the measles, either. Sure, I have asthma and tons of allergies, so it seems that God is just trying to appease me.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Scott Rushing said...

Jeff, you're in a constant state of sickness. So even if you had the flu you wouldn't know it.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Eric C said...

I HAVE had the chicken pox, at the age of 4. But I've never had the measles. Actually, hadn't ever broken a bone or been to the hospital until 1996, when a drinking/speeding 17-year old and the jaws of life happened to me (but I must admit that in a very sick sort of way, "compound fracture of my right tibia" and "titanium rod and 4 screws" sound kinda cool).

So, if and when the influenza bug ever defeats my immunity system in a jousting match, I'll make sure you're all aware of it.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home