Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Happy Birthday Leah!!

Speaking of birthdays, 26 years ago today, my wonderful wife came into the world. Let's see and I was halfway through Kindergarten at Oakhaven Baptist Academy (if I remember correctly, I was working on improving upon my first "N" in "I listen when others are speaking"). But hey, age is just a number, right?! (Unless there's like 30 years difference and somebody has a REALLY big life insurance policy--that's just wrong).

Leah's day began with a breakfast served in bed--ham/cheese omelette, toast, and orange juice. Oh yeah, and orange quarters as garnish. The little bed-server-thingee has a slot for a newpaper or magazine, so I had to endure freakish stares from a cashier while I purchased the current issue of Cosmopolitan magazine last night (must've been the Bedroom Bingo cover story that caused her such great alarm). At least now she'll get to take a quiz to see if she's compatible with her boyfriend, or to see if my emotion-o-meter is where she, Oprah, Dr. Phil, and the editors think it should be.

Of course, Leah had to go to work today, but we'll be doing a little family get-together on Saturday. In case you're saying to yourself, "Crap, I meant to send her a card," there's always e-cards at Hallmark.com or Egreetings.com. Oh, and her email address at home is leahr(AT)midsouth(DOT)rr(DOT)com (note: done to keep email address from being harvested by spammers......change the parentheses things to their obvious symbolic counterparts).

Now, only 75 days until MY birthday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home