Monday, October 04, 2004

There's Always '05

Well, my sports teams are putting my loyalty to a test.

Cubs: lost 7 of their last 9 games, blowing their chance at the playoffs and ending the season that many analysts saw them going to (and winning) the World Series. They won more games than last year's Steve Bartman-doomed squad, but this team is playing golf in the Caribbean a month earlier.

Titans: After a semi-impressive win in week one (against a team that has yet to win one 4 weeks later), the Titans have lost two home games to division opponents, and finds themselves at 1-3 and in the division cellar all alone. The bright side is that we started 1-4 in 2002 and ended up one game from the Super Bowl. The bad news is that, hell, I don't have that much time. My early season prediction, based on what I've seen the last 4 weeks. 9-7 and missing the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.

NHL: Who cares. The "we're not backing down" money-hungry players union has caused a lock out, so there may not even be a season. That, and I ain't from Canada, so I don't give a rat's-you-know-what about hockey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Don't worry, Eric, I still think the Titans are better than their record shows. I don't see them catching Indy in the South, but a Wild Card berth is a possibility.

Atlanta is 4-0. The apocalypse looms.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home