Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Too Bad I Don't Get Airline Miles

So I'm sitting here at work, tracking a package on the carrier's website (I will withold the name to protect the guilty), when I discover a less-than-direct route that my package seems to be taking. Something tells me that the Fred Smith School of Package Delivery doesn't teach this:

Philadelphia --> Laurel, MD
Laurel, MD --> Louisville (so far, so good--it's getting closer!)
Louisville --> Laurel, MD (wait--did the box forget to get off the plane?!)
Laurel, MD --> Louisville (stop me if you've heard this one)
Louisville --> Nashville (had to see the 'Vettes in Bowling Green)
Nashville --> Memphis

Now gentlemen, I'm no efficiency consultant for your industry, and I'm guessing that my .8 lb package wasn't needed to even out the weight-distribution on the Airbus. But doesn't this seem like superfluous mileage for a poor little box?? The only thing that will make this worthwhile is if it shows up with extra packages of salted peanuts and a deck of cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home