Friday, October 01, 2004

Wait Til Next Year!!

Well, as of right this second, my beloved Cubbies are 1 out away from essentially ending their season. Sure, they still have two games to play, and their competitors for the lone remaining playoff spot have three, but in all likelihood the flaming-hot Astros or Barry Bonds-led San Fransisco Giants will be claiming that spot. The Cubs have lost 5 of their last 6 games--not something you wanna do in the last week of the season.

Having conceded defeat, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for in the postseason. It will most likely be my mom's St. Louis Cardinals (one of her lifelong dreams is to go see the Cards in a World Series game), or the Cubs' American League alter-ego (and my cousin Steve's team), the Boston Red Sox. Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home