Friday, May 06, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Tonight I get to enjoy the night off. Whew! Working two jobs certainly has its advantages--namely the extra dough--but there are certain downsides to it that sometimes make me really have to struggle to find the motivation to continue punching in.

On a normal Kroger night, I get home from Blockbuster around 5:45 or 5:50. Look through the mail, change clothes, maybe sit down for a minute or two. Perhaps create a quick dinner or prepare a portable one to go. Out of the door by 6:10 or so to be there by 6:30. Home by 10:30 or 10:45 or so, just in time to find my wife.........asleep.

This week has kinda seemed like I have rarely seen her. I worked Saturday night, then 4-10:30ish Sunday. Then the above evening schedule Monday night, Wednesday night, and last night. So in case you're not keeping score at home, that's 5 out of the last 6 nights.

I'm not complaining. I'm not whining. In case you're about to say, "Well, dumbass, you're the one working two jobs. You could always throw newspapers at 3 in the morning," that's not the reason I'm blogging. Just to say that I'm off tonight and off tomorrow, and very much looking forward to spending some "quality time" (ain't that a good cliche?!) with my spouse. And I know she's looking forward to it. I don't even know what we're gonna do. We may go out. We may stay home. Heck, we may just sit in the floor and alphabetize our CD's. But if you call my house tonight, I might just answer "Thank you for calling Kroger...." out of habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home