Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Is It Really the Best Buy?

I got this $20 Best Buy gift card that I plan on using toward the purchase of Cheers--Season 3 that will complement my Season 1 and Season 2 boxes nicely.

Bestbuy.com has it for $34.99, but there's a catch: Can't use my gift card online. No problem.....I'll just go to the store. Well, it seems like there's a "you walked through our door" surcharge of $5, because the shelf price is $39.99. I guess $40 plus our almost-10% tax, minus $20 gift card credit (use the order of operations here--PRMDAS "Please Remember My Dear Aunt Sally) would still be better than paying full price online. But what's up with a 14.2857% price difference at the store?? Your employees aren't even that helpful (the ones I can find, anyway). Or cute.

In all fairness to them, there is a teeny tiny, 6-pica message at the bottom of the web page: "Online prices and selection generally match our retail stores, but may vary." But hey, it gives me something to blog (read: complain) about, and as of yet, I ain't sure what I'm gonna do about it. Just an observation about the blatant inconsistencies in retail America.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home