Thursday, January 20, 2005

Brilliance From the I.R.S.

Well, until President Bush institutes a national sales tax and, more importantly, dissolves the useless heirarchy of government bullcrap that is the I.R.S., January will find millions of Americans eagerly awaiting their W-2 so that they can file their taxes (or, put them away to collect dust until 6:00PM on April 14, like 95% of the rest of us).

So somebody in upper goverment management at the IRS has had this divine intervention of brilliance that people should be able to electronically file their federal tax return for free. Wow! Now, let's think about this....We can use the same technology that the banks, Western Union, etc. use to transfer account information electronically, thereby reducing paperwork and saving no doubt a plethora of labor hours. What a concept!! Of course, cue the liberals who will start a protest that we're putting innocent, seasonal workers out of a job!!!

This is exactly what people like me wanted. The last few years, I've used a product like TurboTax to do all the number-crunching, but I refused to pay 15 or 20 bucks just for the privilege of using the internet to file. I simply let my virtual accountant print out my forms via my own HP Deskjet and slapped at $.37 stamp on there. There's still the issue of filing state taxes, but being that I don't have one, I couldn't care less. Charge 'em 50 bucks for all I care. So, this is the best of both worlds.......I don't have to pay some accountant to do my taxes, and I get my refund a lot quicker. Long live the IRS!! Until the GOP get's a hold of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home