Thursday, January 20, 2005

STOP In the Name of......Safety!!

This kind of rant kinda falls into the category that my good buddy Mike Straka at Foxnews talks about in his weekly Grrr! column. But what is it about the easily understood, 1st grade concept of "Wait your turn" that seems to be forgotten at 4-way stops???

I'm not talking about "Oops, I thought it was my turn, cause we kinda got to the intersection at the same time." I'm talking about blatant, "I'm going now and you sure as hell can't stop me" kind of things. I usually see it from people who are beside (or even behind) somebody whose turn it actually is. But rather than stopping as they should, they just "piggyback" on sombody else who actually had the courtesy to wait. Now somebody whose turn it really was has to wait. Which makes the intersection back up even more. Which means the problem increases exponentially and if 3 more people do it again, you have a 30-minute backup started by 6 cars. OK, maybe that's a bit overboard.

Now, maybe some would say, "Chill out man.....Crap like that will raise your blood pressure." I'm just saying that if everybody took the same philosophy and attitude as these self-righteous and inconsiderate morons, nobody would make it to work in one piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home