Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Early Bird Gets the...Blog Props

Well, today is March 23, which means that 360 days have passed since my last birthday. Right around the corner, next Tuesday, Eric will be 33. Oh my gosh, how I am aging! I'm a regular George Burns!!

Anway, a couple of email wishes have already dropped into my Inbox, complete with money-saving offers and coupons from those whose loyalty list I have joined at some time or another. Let's look at the two of them, in chronological order:

3/21, 6:15AM A Birthday Gift from Texas de Brazil "We not only want to wish you a Happy Birthday, we want to join in the celebration!" Translation: We'd be honored if you came to our fine restaurant, and dropped an inordinate amount of money on our sophisticated salad bar and steroid kabobs. Actually, the deal is a pretty good one--Receive one complimentary dinner with the purchase of a full price dinner. No problem. The proverbial fine print goes on to say that a regular dinner is 40 bucks, that it's not valid on Saturdays, one certificate per table, etc etc. And one very puzzling but emphatic condition. This certificate is not a buy one, get one free (their emphasis). OK, I know it's just semantics, but uhhhhh..........aren't I getting one dinner free, but only under the condition that I purchase a dinner? So wouldn't that be kinda like....tell ya what, never mind. Most of the gauchos there that I remember were a little iffy on their english anyway.

3/21, 7:02AM A Birthday Gift from Your Neighborhood Pub Club Happy Birthday from Fox and Hound and Bailey's Neighborhood Pub Club! I guess that one time I was in Fox and Hound, having an appetizer or burger and watching a game or a WWE pay-per-view event (just kidding) and some little waitress asked if I wanted to sign up for their Pub Club and get free stuff and I didn't wanna rain on her parade. So if I print and present the email, I get a free entree, as long as I buy another entree of equal or greater value. So I guess I have to go with either a friend/relative/spouse or a healthy appetite. Geez, why not give me free pool for 2 hours, with complimentary use of a house Meucci cue, all the while being served 35 degree Bud Light draft by the cutest 2 servers in the place? You want my loyalty, then you must earn it!! Don't give me 7-dollar coupon that expires in 2 weeks! Ok, call me ungrateful.

So there ya go. Happy Birthday to Me. I'm not sure if these will actually be used, but if you're interested in accompanying me to either of the noted retail eating establishments, I'll be happy to tag along.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I've been getting those Fox & Hound emails a lot, too. I think I was giddy and not paying attention and filled out all my information, social security number, favorite color, etc., while there to see game two of the '04 World Series. Go Sox!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home