Saturday, March 11, 2006

Turning Over a New Leaf

Ouch, it has been quite a while since blogging, huh? (Simple explanation, really, I was just trying to be like Jennifer Rushing.) But I'll save you the incessant groveling and endless apologies, and try my best to do better. Two jobs, a 3-month old, oh yeah, and sleep sometimes get in the way. Either that, or Leah threatens to inflict severe bodily harm if I don't stay away from the computer (ok, slight hyperbole).

My problem is this: I'm always trying to convince myself that my dull, uneventful life is of little or no interest to anybody. Heck, I don't have super-cool job at CNN like Jeff, or I don't get to interview John Calipari or Shane Battier like Steve, and my day-to-day routine is just plain ole, well, plain! Heck, what I had to eat today or our crazy experience at McDonald's or our parking situation at the grocery store would be of no interest to blog readers anywhere, right? But then I find myself reading someone else's blog, and for some odd reason continuing to read after they tell me about a goofy experience at McDonald's or a nasty note left on a random car that finds those two painted lines designating a parking space to be a bit too restrictive.

And time is another factor. Dude, it just evaporates. Today is a little microcosm of the usual schedule for "downtime":

6:30A - Nicholas wakes up. By the transitive property of awakeness, we're up, too.
7:30A-9:00 I'm watching Nicholas b/c Leah is getting her hair cut/colored/whatever else they can do to charge women 5 X what I pay for mine.
9:00-10:30 Laundry and misc. chores around the house.
11:00 Leave the house to drop Nicholas off, and to attend an info session for Direct Buy
1:00 - Grab some lunch at Chick Fil A and then go to SuperTarget
2:00 - Drive to Arlington to check out the progress on the lot, if any. Also try alternate routes for the whole "point A to point B" thing.
3:00 - Return home and chill for 30 minutes or so
3:45 - Change clothes (into Kroger stuff); go to the Blaylocks for an early dinner
5:30 - Head to Kroger for 6P-10:30P shift.
10:45 - Arrive home. And here I sit. Oh yeah, and I have to be back at Kroger in about 9 hours.

The next few days are gonna be busy, too. Sunday, it's work til 1:30P and then wait on Scott and Jenn to get to town (and probably finish some household chores). Monday it's work, and then Kroger til 10:30. Tuesday is work, and then Grizzlies game til probably 10 or later. So my next scheduled "nothing's happening" night is Wednesday. But I'm sure something will come up between now and then.

Wanna hear something funny? I know that you'll have been wearing me out. I keep thinking, "I need to start posting again. Jeff is gonna do one of his famous "Carnival of the Jeff Links" and make some snide comment about my lack of posting. I know how disappointed I am when I don't get my blog/update fix, but yet somehow that hasn't translated into sitting down and blogging about seemingly unimportant things. So I'll try my best to make time, and make note of blogworthy thoughts and comments. But right now, a glass of tea and a bowl of ice cream are calling my name. Yes mom, I know it's not good for me this late at night, but I'm just not caring right now.

Good night, John-boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home