Thursday, January 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Leah!

27 years ago today, my life was changed forever. Sure enough, as an almost-6-year-old, I'm guessing that I was pretty much clueless about what was going on, and my only emotional challenges for the day probably involved mealtime or cartoons. But Michael and Donna Blayock were giving birth to my soon-to-be bride.

I've been around for a few of Leah's birthdays--including the 16th one, when she commenced heavy flirting with me the very second that her boyfriend departed the premises. Or the 21st one, when we went down to Tunica (just because she could!) and she couldn't believe that she wasn't asked to show ID. Her 23rd one found us newly engaged. The next one found us married. But I can think of no more special one than this year--one where we'll celebrate with our 7 1/2 week old son.

A funny little anecdote about Leah and her birthday proclamations. Her parents' anniversary is January 16, just 4 days after her birthday. Obviously a few years elapsed between their wedding and her birth, but kids don't have any concept about this sort of thing. The story is told how someone was questioning her birthday being in January, on the 12th, and how exciting her birth probably was for her mom and dad. She promptly responded, "And then 4 days later, they got married!!"

Happy Birthday, Leah......Nicholas and I love you!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Or the 21st one, when we went down to Tunica (just because she could!) and she couldn't believe that she wasn't asked to show ID.

Heh. Same thing happened to me. I walked into Tunica looking to show my ID. I'm 21! Check me!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Scott Rushing said...

Happy birthday Leah!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This had to be the best birthday!!! To be a new mom and to have the best husband in the world who loves me with everything he is!

Eric, you have no idea how much I love you and how wonderful you are to me. Thank you for eveything you are and for everything you do for me. Nicholas and I are so lucky and blessed by God to have you in our lives.

Thank you for a wonderful birthday!!!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home