Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Happy Birthday Steve(n)!

Today, my ole cuz Steve hits the milestone that I did 2 1/2 years ago--the big 3-0. I really didn't take it that hard, but a lady in my office (who I didn't know when she was 29) said that turning 30 was really, really hard for her. I don't know--is it a man vs woman thing? I remember thinking that it was mildly tragic that my age was now beginning with "thirty-__". For some reason "twenty-eight" seems like it's in the same category as "twenty-two", which still makes you young. But slowly and surely, I'm realizing that I'm beginning to repeat all those folks that told me "You are such a baby!!!" Just think, people who are old enough to legally buy cigarettes were born in 1987 (the year I started high school), and those turning 21 were born in a year that the late Ronald Reagan was elected to his 2nd term. Geez.

Anyway, have a great day, Steve. Or Steven (I called you "Steven" first and old habits die hard). I won't bother embarassing you by delving into my memory bank and pulling out all kinds of memories for the world to see--enjoy your day with your wife and kids, as I'm sure they'll make it that much more special. No more milestones, I don't suppose, until 40--and I definitely don't wanna go there yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Personally, when I turn 30 in a few weeks I plan on freaking out royally, then telling myself to suck it up and get on with life.

8:48 PM  
Blogger steven.russell said...

I figure as long as I keep active like I am 12 I won't age. Right?! Right?!

Just another year to me. And this year promises to be the best year for Steven yet!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home