Monday, March 19, 2007

Adult-Sized Puzzle

I'm getting ready to embark on a journey that's a bit intimidating, yet I'm looking forward to the gratification and self-esteem that will engulf me upon its completion.

The task, you ask? Simple. Assemble this.

Here's the history. I know you were wondering. I've kinda always wanted a little utility trailer. Maybe it's a guy thing, I don't know. But my father-in-law has a similar one and I've borrowed it countless times because whatever cargo I needed to carry or buy or pick up or move couldn't be put in my TrailBlazer. So then it became a thing of wondering if his was available, and then the logistics of picking it up and returning it.

Then I bought a bike. That kinda kicked the trailer need up a notch. What if I need to take it in to service? What if it breaks down on the side of the road, and I really can't wait 4 hours for roadside assistance? And there's always the chance that I wanna take the bike to a place to ride that might be too far to ride it initially. And stuff like that.

So I wanted a decent trailer for the money. Home Depot or Lowe's will sell me a nice ramp-gate landscaping trailer for probably $700-800. No thanks. Even a small 5 x 8 utility trailer would probably be in the $400-500 range. Then I found the Harbor Freight one. It even folds up for storage, so that it can be placed in a 5 x 2 rectangle of floor space in the garage (that I don't have yet).

One hitch (no pun intended). Currently, it's a huge puzzle. It came in 2 boxes, weighing a total of almost 300 pounds. So before I can go to Home Depot and buy lumber to make a bed for the trailer, said trailer's frame must be put together. So I gotta learn about light wiring and packing bearings for the wheels and all that good stuff. We'll see how this goes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home